Monday, March 9, 2009

First week of March....already?

Hello hello! So I figured I would fill you in - if anyone really reads this. It was my first official week of tri training and what a great week of weather we had for it (minus the snow VA got last Monday). Friday - Sunday we had temps up to 80. Keep in mind it's March and I live in northern Virginia. Woo-hoo to that! Friday I did Crossfit. Saturday I was going to go to the gym but skipped it so I could sleep a little longer and then go to a St. Patty's day parade. Sunday I slept in, ate breakfast and headed to the gym. Oh - but wait. My goofy self had Saturday's gym schedule in my head and so I showed up at noon only to find that the last class (that I could attend anyways...) was just ending. Rats! If I would have known that I was going to mess that one up then A.) I could have gone earlier or B.) I could have gone on my tri team group run. Wuh-wuh-wuh! But....at least I'd be going to swim practice Sunday night....or so I thought. I had to work at good ol' Smoothie King from 3-9:30 Sunday and I was sure I'd be able to cut out for an hour and a half to go to swim practice. Well that wasn't the case. Because of the warm temps we were slammed! We usually get out of there at 9:30 on a Sunday night. Yeah...not so much last night. I didn't get home until almost 10:30. Needless to say my weekend was filled with activities but not many of them actually included training.

On a more training friendly note....I'll only be teaching this week so I have Crossfit classes and swim/run practice on my calendar for Monday - Thursday. I have company coming into town late Thursday night so the swim/ run thing is going to take a backseat. Though I will be hitting up the Crossfit gym on Saturday so that Jonny (my in-town visitor) can see why I rave about Crossfit. I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment