Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Bear 11.4.09

Today was my first semi "healthy" day back at the gym. Half of my students are sick and my aide has the flu (and by half I mean 3 out of my 6 kids were out). Nice. It's no wonder I am battling this garbage. Anywho...

The Bear - initial thoughts: not bad, love lifting, loathe met-cons. This should be a good workout. Never even thought of it as a "complex". That's the real blond in me. :) I got this one off CF Regina up in Canada. Was intrigued and since I am back to building strength, I thought this would be a good one to do.

Next, let me just tell you what a dumb ass I am. I wrote this down as "5 Rounds of 7 reps - Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press". Then I got to thinking that maybe the second push press should actually be shoulder press. Duh! I did this with 55# and instead of breaking the WOD up correctly, I read it as: do 7 power cleans, then 7 front squats, then 7 push presses, followed by 7 back squats and finally 7 shoulder presses. Repeat this for 5 rounds. I must be a ruh-tard because that is TOTALLY wrong! Since I didn't want to make this too "met-connish", I did each round while timing myself and then I gave myself a 3 minute rest before I started the next round. Let me also add that by the second round, I was no longer able to do the shoulder press with good form so I changed it back to push press (like it was supposed to be).

Round 1 - 2:26
Round 2 - 2:13
Round 3 - 2:29
Round 4 - 1:54
Round 5 - 1:54

Overall I give this workout 2 thumbs up and would tell anyone to go for it. But before you do...make sure you watch this video first OR have someone who knows what the eff they're doing demonstrate it for you. :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a crazy workout. Yes, never switch push presses for shoulder presses. Brutal. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! I'd like to do it again but do it the real way one of these days!

    ReplyDelete