Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 1

So today began the Paleo Challenge. Here's how it went:

Breakfast --> Garden Egg White Scramble (AMAZING!)
Time consuming in that you have to chop everything up, but so good! Fresh asparagus, garlic, onion, spinach, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, grape tomatoes - sauteed in EVOO. Then add a protein of your choice. Today I used the egg whites of 4 eggs with two whole eggs thrown in and some sausage. (Please note that this was for Jonny & I, so don't think I ate this all by myself) Let me emphasize again how delicious this is. Yum! Drank a small glass of milk.

Snack --> Protein Shake with strawberry powder (this crap is nasty), madarin oranges & pineapple.

Lunch --> Moms garden beans with a little cheese, roast beef au jus. Also good. Had a glass of Juicy Juice. Full of sugar...I know.

Dinner --> A slice of homemade pizza and a can of Mountain Dew. Cheese, carbs and sugar = not cool when trying to eat paleo but...this was Sunday and I always allow myself 1 can of Mt. Dew when we go to Jonny's parents house. And I didn't eat all of my crust. But looking back on it, I totally could have passed up and been fine as I wasn't all that hungry. Bad Alisha!

Snack --> Prosciutto and a few small slices of cheese.

Indiscretions for the day --> a Reese Peanut Butter cup at dads house and a glass of wine before bed. :)

Overall, I don't think it was an awful first day. I know I definitely could have improved my dinner choices but it was Sunday and I feel that 1 can of soda a week (if I even have that) isn't too bad. And although I'm not doing the high maintenance score sheet, I'd give myself a 7 for my eating today. Also, I have my meals all planned out for the rest of the week and I think that's going to be a major help. Ok - toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment